Saturday, July 14, 2007

Three Buses Idling Near MIT

Cambridge MA City Councilors often urge the City Manager to enforce state laws on 5-minute idling limit for all vehicles. This is part to enhance their image as environmentally concerned officials.
But it is easier said than done. It is not a high priority item for police especially during busy periods. Police dispatchers promise to send a patrol car and no car ever arrives. On occasion Cambridge civilian police dispatchers divert calls to the special campus police. But they seldom enforce these quality of life laws. They are only empowered to make arrests on university property in any case.
The three buses in this clip were idling near MIT. When I began filming two of them drove away. The driver of a third confronted me asking why I was taping "for five minutes." I explained that I like buses.

No comments: