Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Upset PA Citizen Shoots Town Board Meeting Killing Three




Gunman: Rockne Newell has been charged with three counts of murder

[From article]
The report said Newell had been living out of a car, a 1984 Pontiac Fiero, and in abandoned buildings since being ordered to vacate.
Newell told the paper he was unemployed for years after an injury from a crash and had nowhere else to go.
'They have no right to kick me off my property,' he told the newspaper. 'They call my property an eyesore. When I bought it, it was one of only three properties on the entire road that didn't have what they call junk.'
Newell told the Record this past June he couldn’t afford the septic hookup fees, and  complained about his perceived treatment.
'If I lose this property, I have nowhere else to go,' said Newell, adding 'what they're doing to me, what they've been doing to me for so long, it's wrong.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385751/I-wish-I-killed-Unremorseful-town-meeting-killer-says-disappointed-shot-dead-bloody-rampage-planning-dispute-photos-reveal-chaotic-property-fighting-over.html

The ramshackle house and junk yard at the center of planning dispute that led owner to shoot dead three at town meeting as he tells police 'I wish I killed more'
Rockne Newell had been talking of attack for months, family said
59-year-old unrepentant as he says he failed to kill his intended targets
Police use robots and dogs to search property over explosives fears
Three people shot dead at Ross Township meeting on Monday night
Victims as Chestnuthill Township Supervisor David Fleetwood and residents Gerard Kozic and James LaGuardia
Bernie Kozen hailed a hero for tackling gunman to the ground
Newell was angry after 23-year-dispute over his property
By RYAN GORMAN, HELEN POW and JESSICA JERREAT
Daily Mail (UK)
PUBLISHED: 19:16 EST, 6 August 2013 | UPDATED: 19:52 EST, 6 August 2013

No comments: