Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New York Post Home Delivery Cambridge MA

New York Post delivery carriers claim the Cambridge, MA police prevent them from delivering the New York Post to my door. This is after 16 of 31 papers were not delivered or were stolen in December 2007. In January 2008 the New York Post Circulation Department told me that they sent the key to my building (which I sent to the circulation department) to the carriers via Fedex.
As of this date March 5, 2008 no paper was delivered to my door. UPS trucks stand on Broadway aside my building to deliver packages to buildings on Prescott Street. On occasion the UPS drivers ring my bell and bring the package to my door. This is at about 10:00 AM, not 6:00 AM when the papers are delivered. Cambridge police are considerate of business vehicles having to park in problem areas. The same carriers deliver papers to the Sackler Museum's rear door behind my building.
From January 30 to February 21, 2008 the carrier hung the paper on the inside locked door to the building as shown in the video. That blocked the keyhole.
The exceptions were no paper delivered or stolen on
Sat Feb 9
Thu Feb 14
Fri Feb 15
Sat Feb 16
Thu Feb 28
Mon Mar 3
Tue Mar 4
Thu Mar 6
Paper appeared outside the building on
Feb 25 to 27 and 29
In the mud on Tue Feb 26
USPS delivers packages directly to the door of the recipient. This clip shows a USPS van parked aside my building on a Friday at 3:30 PM. I saw the driver carry packages and bring them to the door of a person in my building at 85 Prescott Street then get another package and walk to 95 Prescott Street to deliver it there. The carrier for the New York Post comes by between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM weekdays. On Saturdays and Sundays they come as late as 9:00 AM. There is no excuse not to bring the paper to my door or at least to leave it inside of the unlocked door as I asked in April of 2007.
DHL TRUCK in No Stopping Zone.
Trucks regularly use No Stopping Zones to make deliveries in crowded Cambridge MA.

No comments: