Saturday, March 8, 2008

RUTH LIEBERHERR MAR 7, 2008 Into the Unknown

Ruth Lieberherr ruthlieberherr.com describes her paintings at the Cambridge Art Association opening reception on March 7, 2008. The small group show is called Into the Unknown.
Musicians:
Anthony Douglass - pandeiro
Andrea Lieberherr - flute
David Healey - guitar
Adam Bahrani - guitar
Chris - violin
Download the original attachment

About Ruth Lieberherr


Influenced by the ideas of the Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, my paintings explore the character of colors. From the fluid feeling of paint, I go where the inspiration of colors leads me. Images emerge from the subconscious. Memories of landscapes, people, and emotions, find a new, dreamlike reality in my work.

I have exhibited my paintings in solo and group exhibitions in galleries and cultural centers in the United States and abroad, including the Musee Vera in St-Germain-en-Laye, France; Kneipphof in Dussnang, Switzerland; the Trenton City Museum in New Jersey; Northeastern University in Boston; the Swiss Consulate (SHARE) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Brush Art Gallery in Lowell, Massachusetts; Bentley College Art Gallery in Waltham, Massachusetts; and the Fletcher/Priest Gallery in Worcester, Massachusetts. In addition, my work is in private and corporate collections, including those of the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey, and the Society of St. John the Evangelist and Cambridgeport Savings Bank in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Ruth Lieberherr, February 2008

2 comments:

messmeisterin said...

Bravo Ruth!
The paintings look striking and so do you! Just a glimpse on video, but my heart already goes to "My friend's cats" - and the full moon -
I enjoyed the music, great show, wish I could have been there.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to have missed the opening, but watching the video, I feel as if I was there! Excellent artwork as always, Ruth, and the music was superb!