Friday, August 7, 2009

Library Construction Worker Taken Ill

On Friday August 7, 2009 at about 7:30 PM one of the construction workers at the library site on Broadway in Cambridge, MA became ill. EMTs transported him to a local hospital. There was a small gathering of citizens, at least 8 police officers, and about five Cambridge police patrol vehicles including the prisoner transport vehicle; two ambulances one from the Cambridge Fire Department plus one Fire Truck. Broadway was closed from Ware Street to Dana Street from about 7:30 PM till 8:30 PM. Cambridge officers blocked traffic at Ware Street, Ellery Street and Dana Street. When I first arrived two uniformed officers plus one construction worker blocked my view, asking me to show some respect. I said it was a First Amendment Right and that they were interfering with that right. After about 30 seconds they moved and I was able to get these photos.







No comments: