Monday, June 18, 2007

Cambridge MA Arrest June 15, 2007

Cambridge MA Arrest June 15, 2007

On Friday June 15, 2007 at about 8:45 PM near 84 Mass Avenue, Cambridge, MA, the MIT Stratton Student Center, undercover Cambridge police stopped a car driving toward the Mass Avenue Bridge and pulled the driver out of the vehicle. They hand-cuffed the black male driver who was wearing a black suit.
After the few seconds of video you see here one uniformed officer shined a flashlight into my lens and told me to stop taping. I said it was a public event. He said "No it'snot. It's an arrest."
I said "That is a public event." At that point another officer with his badge showing came up to me and asked me to stop taping.
He said "We have some undercover officers. We're trying to be safe." I left the area.

No comments: