Saturday, July 19, 2014

Houston Woman Shot During Attempted Robbery To Steal Her Cell Phone




[video embedded]
[From article]
Courtney had just taken out the trash around 8 p.m. Thursday in the 12900 block of Windfern Road.
She then walked back to her friend’s apartment at the Windfern Meadows complex when an armed man cornered her before she could get inside.
“He was like, hey, let me get that phone,” recalled Courtney. “I was like, I’m not giving you my phone sir. He’s like, I’m going to shoot you, so I put my hands up.”
Courtney crouched to the ground right outside her friend’s door and braced for the worst.
“I looked down the barrel and was like no please don’t shoot me,” explained Courtney. “It was like a pop.”
The bullet grazed Courtney’s head, and she wasn’t willing to be at shot at again.
Her friend opened the door after hearing the shot, and Courtney stumbled inside. Before they could close the door, the man tried to push his way in.
“We were both pushing on the door trying to shut it. He got it open this much,” said friend Jennifer Pauley. “We pushed it as hard as we could and locked these locks as fast as we could.”
Pauley’s 6-year-old granddaughter was also inside the apartment. There was no way she was letting the man inside.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Cypress-woman-grazed-by-bullet-after-refusing-to-give-up-cell-phone-267748651.html

Woman grazed by bullet after refusing to give up cell phone
by Drew Karedes / KHOU 11 News
khou.com
Posted on July 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Updated today at 10:25 AM

No comments: